How Schillivia Baptiste Pivoted Her Construction Management Business During the Pandemic
On this episode of The Zweig Letter podcast, we sit down with Schillivia Baptiste. She’s a professional engineer and the CEO of Laland Baptiste, and a Principal at Baptiste Engineering. Laland Baptiste is a construction management firm dedicated to providing leadership, organization, supervision, and direction to its clients.
We had a far-ranging discussion about the holistic personal and professional development she experienced with the Zweig Groups Principals Academy program provided by the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey.
She shares how they could pivot and move forward in both of her organizations during the pandemic.
All of this and much more on this episode of The Zweig Letter Podcast.
In this Episode:
- [2:35] Schillivia shares her superhero origin story.
- [6:12] The personal and professional impact that she experienced at the Principal’s Academy.
- [8:32] She talks about her two organizations and how they handled the pandemic.
- [14:24] How to stay prepared and flexible in your business structure.
- [18:22] How she uses gender discrimination as a motivation to move forward.
- [20:58] Tips for smaller firms to become successful working with larger firms.
- [24:48] Schillivia’s transition from employee to entrepreneur.
- [31:17] Thinking of the future and balancing work and life.
Get in Touch with Schillivia Baptiste:
- Schillivia Baptiste on LinkedIn
- Schillivia Baptiste Email
- Laland Baptiste Website
- Laland Baptiste LinkedIn
Get your FREE Subscription to the Zweig Letter Newsletter.